Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Search helps you quickly find anything on your device and on the web. Search also offers suggestions and updates results as you type.
Swipe to search
- Swipe down from the middle of the Home screen.
- Tap the Search field, then enter what you're looking for. As you type, Search updates results in real time.
- To see more results, tap Show More or search directly in an app by tapping Search in App.
- Tap a search result to open it.
Change search settings
You can change the search settings to limit which apps and results appear while you're searching. Here's how:
- Go to Settings and tap Siri & Search.
- Scroll down and select an app.
- Then select Suggest App, Show App in Search, Show Content in Search, or Suggest Shortcuts for App.
To turn off Siri Suggestions for all apps, go to Settings > Siri & Search, and turn off the settings you want.