How to remove Activation Lock
Learn what to do if you see the Activation Lock screen on your device, or if you're asked to remove Activation Lock from a device that's not in your possession.
Unlock in person
Follow the onscreen steps to enter the Apple ID and password you used to set up your device or your device passcode.
Unlock on the web
To remove Activation Lock from a device that's not in your possession, follow the steps below. If you purchased a device that's protected by Activation Lock, ask the previous owner to follow these steps.
- From a web browser, sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.
- Go to Find iPhone.
- Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
- Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
- Click Erase [device]. Select Next until the device is erased.
- Click Remove from Account.
To begin the setup process, restart the device.
Start a support request
If you need help removing Activation Lock and have proof of purchase documentation, you can start an Activation Lock support request.