AirTag - Technical Specifications
Size and Weight
- Diameter: 1.26 inches (31.9 mm)
- Height: 0.31 inch (8.0 mm)
- Weight: 0.39 ounce (11 grams)
Splash, Water, and Dust Resistance
- Rated IP67 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes) under IEC standard 60529
- Bluetooth for proximity finding
- Apple-designed U1 chip for Ultra Wideband and Precision Finding
- NFC tap for Lost Mode
- Built-in speaker
- User-replaceable CR2032 coin cell battery
The Find My app is compatible with these iPhone accessibility features:
- Invert Colors
- Larger Text
- Compatibility with braille displays
System Requirements and Compatibility
- Apple ID
- iPhone and iPod touch models with iOS 14.5 or later
- iPad models with iPadOS 14.5 or later
- Operating ambient temperature: −4° to 140° F (−20° to 60° C)
In the Box
- AirTag with CR2032 coin cell battery installed
AirTag and the Environment
Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact. Learn more about AirTag and the Environment
AirTag is designed with the following features to reduce environmental impact:
- 100% recycled tin in the solder of the main logic board
Apple and the Environment
Learn more about Apple’s dedication to reducing the environmental impact of our products and process. Or read our Product Environmental Reports for detailed information on the environmental performance of every Apple product.
- Precision Finding is compatible with iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max.
- Testing conducted by Apple in March 2021 using preproduction AirTag units and software paired with iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max units running preproduction software. Battery life based on an everyday use of four play sound events and one Precision Finding event per day. Battery life varies with usage, environmental conditions, replacement battery manufacturer, and many other factors; actual results will vary.
- AirTag is splash, water, and dust resistant and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Refer to the Safety and Handling documentation for cleaning and drying instructions.